Tonle Sap Lake with a unique hydrological phenomenon with Mekong River causing seasonal inundation of floodplain and surrounded by six provinces including Siem Reap province is a resources for fish living and producing center to feed Cambodian people. There are several floating villages in Siem Reap, among them is Mechrey village, a remote and les-touristic village.
Day tour: Mechrey Village and Fishing experience
This tour is operated in high water season, from August to November only.
We travel to visit Mechrey village, located 25 km from Siem Reap town and is one of the floating communities at the edge of Tone Sap Lake – the great fresh water lake in Southeast Asia. Witness the local people’s life on the lake and their fishing activities. Getting the private sheltered boat ride is the best way to explore how people live and make ends meet, see the great lake and witness its ecosystem.
- Exploring the mangrove forest by rowing boat
- Learning how the local fishermen catch fish
- Enjoying lunch with the local fishermen
- Witness amazing sunset view on boat
End of services!
Package Tour Price In USD: $109.00 per person (private group of 2 persons)
Price is valid until September 2018.
- Tour cost included:
- Private air-conditioned transportation as in program
- Local English speaking guide
- 01 Lunch (excluding drinks)
- Boat fee as specified
- Complimentary 01 bottle of mineral water per person per day tour
- Tour Excluded:
- Drinks & Private expenses
- All types of bank fee for payment
- Tips and Gratuities
- Other services not mentioned in the Included